Teachers: Ms. Asmaa & Mr. DJ & Ms.Marie
Dear parents and students,
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to Year 10 IGCSE Business Studies!
This is a two year course which covers a wide variety of business theory and its practical application. This will then culminate with students completing the IGCSE Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) in the summer term of their second year.
Students will be given end of unit tests, assignments, projects, classwork and homework all to assess their level of understanding and identify areas of weakness or strength. These will be alongside the departmental assessment cycle.
Students: Use this site and 'Google Drive' to keep up to date with what you need to achieve success on the course.
Parents: This is a great way to see what your child is accomplishing in class.
If you have any queries please contact us via one of the following email addresses:
Ms. Asmaa - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Understanding business activity
- Financial information and financial decisions
- External influences on business activity
Cambridge IGCSE Business Studies textbook (Fourth Edition) by Karen Borrington and Peter Stimpson
For general business information:
Independent Learning and Homework
Each week, you should be dedicating at least (2) hours to additional study
- Some of this will be set homework tasks
- Some of this will be your own research and reading on the topics being taught in class
- All Business Studies teachers are available throughout the school day if you need any help
If you do not study or complete work outside of lesson time you risk failure!
Homework is any work or activity which students are asked to do outside lesson time either on their own or with parents.
Why we give homework?
- To encourage students to develop the confidence and self-discipline to work on their own, an essential skill for adult life.
- To consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding.
- To extend school learning, for example through additional reading
Types of homework
Homework might include such things as:
1. Writing assignments.
2. Learning assignments.
3. Preparing an oral presentation.
4. Reading in preparation for a lesson.
5. Finding out information/researching a project.
Non completion of homework within the set deadline will incur sanctions in line with the school policy.
Be on Time, Be Prepared, Be Respectful, and Have Fun!
Term 1 Test 1 : will be on Sunday 07/10/2018 ( Ms.Asmaa Classes )
For more information please check google classroom