Science Year 7
Welcome to Science in the Secondary school. We hope you all had an enjoyable and restful and are ready to face the excitement of science in the secondary school.
Teachers : Ms Lamyaa [7-1, 7-2, 7-4, 7-5 and 7-8]
Mr Greg [7-3, 7-6 and 7-7]
Assessment Planner Term 1
10 --Short assessment - 20 min - Units 2 MRS GREN- 7 Characteristics of life, Micro-organisms, Plant and Animal cells. Special cells
Study all of the unit from the course book and notebook. Look at the power point from google classroom.
Classwork assessment: Ongoing during lessons: Practical about variables and soil drainage this week.
Calendar of events:
Week: 06 October
1.Exercises Workbook exercises of Unit 2
Students solve the workbook exercises and answer with their teacher
Test of unit is reviewed and feedback given.
2. Rocks, minerals and soils Know what rocks are made of.
Soil, rocks and minerals – what they are and what they are made of.
Activity 8.1, Looking at rocks and minerals
3. Soil structure and drainage Know all about the different types of soil. Pupils look at different soils and describe differences.
Activity 8.2A, Looking at different soils.
Activity 8.2B, Looking at the composition of soils
The variables are explained in order for students to complete the questions above.
Demonstration of Activity 8.2 B is done with pupils answering the Questions A1–A4
4. Soil structure and drainage Know all about the different types of soil.
8.2C, Investigating soil drainage.
The activity is completed using different soils. Questions A5–A9
5. Short assessment covering Unit 2
Week: 13 October
1. Igneous rocks Know how igneous rock is formed.
Structure of the Earth; how igneous rocks are formed and their properties. Different types of igneous rocks are shown
Questions 1–3 Exercise 8.3
2. Sedimentary rocks Know how sedimentary rock is formed.
An explanation of how sedimentary rocks are formed is given and their properties are also explained while showing power point information.
Activity 8.4, Porous rocks, including Questions A1–A3
3.. Metamorphic rock Know how metamorphic rock is formed.
An explanation of how metamorphic rocks are formed is given and their properties are also explained while showing power point information.
Pupils complete an interactive worksheet looking at different rocks and then recording the properties on their sheets.
1. Be on time for every lesson.
2. Follow the school guidelines upon entering and leaving the classroom,.
3. Complete all bellwork and classwork activities. If classwork is not completed it becomes homework.
4. Respect every individual in the class.
Dear Year 7s,
We will be having our end of term test on Tuesday 5th November 2019.
To prepare for the test, please study the following:
2.1 : Characteristics of living organisms (MRS GREN)
2.3: Microorganisms and decay
2.4: Microorganisms and food
2.5: Microorganisms and disease
2.6: Plant cells
2.7: Animal cells
2.8: Cells, tissues and organs
8.1: Rocks, minerals and soils
8.3: Igneous rocks
8.4: Sedimentary rocks
8.5: Metamorphic rocks
8.7: Moving rocks
8.10: The structure and the age of the Earth
- Study Variables: Independent, dependent and control
- Study how to draw a bar chart: Bars, Labels, Axis, Scale, Title ( BLAST)
If you have any questions, please email me and remember to check google classroom.