IGCSE Chemistry Year 10
Ms. Emine Demir & Ms. Elena Bashkirova
Welcome to the IGCSE year 10 Chemistry web page for Ms. Emine and Ms. Elena
In this class students will study matter and the changes it undergoes, learning the structure of atoms and molecules, elements, compounds, and mixtures. The Periodic Table will be a vital tool. Understanding of why chemical reactions occur and how to control them, what is a mole, & stoichiometry. The instructional approach emphasizes the concepts of chemistry and students will have weekly laboratory experiences.
1. Respect yourself, the teacher & others
2. Put forth your best effort at all times
· Always do your own best work.
· Put learning ahead of getting good grades.
· Put quality ahead of just getting it done
3. Be prepared for class each day
4. Follow directions when given
When directions are given, do your best to follow them the first time. If you are confused or have questions, ask. I would rather have you stop class to clarify than be off task while everyone else is working.
5. Pay attention, participate and ask questions
6. Preserve a positive learning environment
7. Take responsibility for your actions
1. Turn off cell phones & electronic devices
Cell Phones should be turned off and invisible during the class period. If I see or hear your phone it will be taken away and given to an administrator, according to cell phone policy outlined in the EMS handbook. Refusal to turn over the cell phone will be treated as insubordinate behavior.
2. No food or drink, except water
3. Arrive to class on time & ready to learn
· When the bell rings, you need to be sitting in your assigned seat.
· You should immediately begin on the warm up activity.
· Be “physically” and “mentally” present in the classroom
4. Never line up at the door before dismissal
5. Do not cheat, plagiarize, or copy work
6. Use polite and appropriate language
7. Do your best work & turn it in on time
We are using online textbook through www.kognity.com Year 10 students are highly encouraged to bring their own device such as laptops to have more engaging and interactive lessons. Please don't forget to sign and turn in the consent form for internet access on campus.
Ms. Emine's Classes- Y10
February, 26 th, Tuesday - CHEM 4 & CHEM3
February, 27 th, Wednesday - CHEM 1
The test will be on concept of Electrolysis and Rate of Reaction only.
Topics are listed below as it is in Kognity text book
Chapter 7.4. Redox
Chapter 5 Electricty and Chemistry (all the sections)
Chapter 7.2. Rate(speed) of Reaction
Use your online textbook www.kognity.com & Please also check your google classroom for additional resources.