IGCSE Chemistry Year 10
Ms. Emine Demir & Ms. Sreerekha Raghuram
Welcome to the IGCSE year 10 Chemistry web page for Ms. Emine and Ms. Sreerekha Raghuram
In this class students will study matter and the changes it undergoes, learning the structure of atoms and molecules, elements, compounds, and mixtures. The Periodic Table will be a vital tool. Understanding of why chemical reactions occur and how to control them, what is a mole, & stoichiometry. The instructional approach emphasizes the concepts of chemistry and students will have weekly laboratory experiences.
SCIENCE FAIR - 2020
Please note the deadlines given to students for preparing projects for the science fair;
- 24th January 2020: Student submits the project idea to Science teacher for approval/advice.
- 24th February 2020: Final Project submitted to the teacher.
- 3rd March 2020" Bring your models/materials for demonstration and poster to school, final preparations for Science fair.
- 5th March 2020: Science Fair
Please note that ideas for topic selection, rubric and any other details for science fair can be found on your google classroom.
TERM2 - EXAM 1
Chapters that are on the exam from Kognity online textbook are listed as below:
The subtopics for each section can be found in your book. Please make sure you start studying early on and using also all the resources that you received in the class and on google classroom. In addition, practicing with CIE past paper questions are also as important as studying the concept .
Ms. Emine & Sreerekha
1. Respect yourself, the teacher & others
2. Put forth your best effort at all times
· Always do your own best work.
· Put learning ahead of getting good grades.
· Put quality ahead of just getting it done
3. Be prepared for class each day
4. Follow directions when given
When directions are given, do your best to follow them the first time. If you are confused or have questions, ask. I would rather have you stop class to clarify than be off task while everyone else is working.
5. Pay attention, participate and ask questions
6. Preserve a positive learning environment
7. Take responsibility for your actions
1. Turn off cell phones & electronic devices
Cell Phones should be turned off and invisible during the class period. If I see or hear your phone it will be taken away and given to an administrator, according to cell phone policy outlined in the EMS handbook. Refusal to turn over the cell phone will be treated as insubordinate behavior.
2. No food or drink, except water
3. Arrive to class on time & ready to learn
· When the bell rings, you need to be sitting in your assigned seat.
· You should immediately begin on the warm up activity.
· Be “physically” and “mentally” present in the classroom
4. Never line up at the door before dismissal
5. Do not cheat, plagiarize, or copy work
6. Use polite and appropriate language
7. Do your best work & turn it in on time
RESOURCES OR LINKS
- The World of Chemistry-http://www.learner.org/resources/series61.html?pop=yes&pid=799#