IGCSE Chemistry Year 10
Ms. Emine Demir & Ms. Elena Bashkirova
Welcome to the IGCSE year 10 Chemistry web page for Ms. Emine and Ms. Elena
In this class students will study matter and the changes it undergoes, learning the structure of atoms and molecules, elements, compounds, and mixtures. The Periodic Table will be a vital tool. Understanding of why chemical reactions occur and how to control them, what is a mole, & stoichiometry. The instructional approach emphasizes the concepts of chemistry and students will have weekly laboratory experiences.
1. Respect yourself, the teacher & others
2. Put forth your best effort at all times
· Always do your own best work.
· Put learning ahead of getting good grades.
· Put quality ahead of just getting it done
3. Be prepared for class each day
4. Follow directions when given
When directions are given, do your best to follow them the first time. If you are confused or have questions, ask. I would rather have you stop class to clarify than be off task while everyone else is working.
5. Pay attention, participate and ask questions
6. Preserve a positive learning environment
7. Take responsibility for your actions
1. Turn off cell phones & electronic devices
Cell Phones should be turned off and invisible during the class period. If I see or hear your phone it will be taken away and given to an administrator, according to cell phone policy outlined in the EMS handbook. Refusal to turn over the cell phone will be treated as insubordinate behavior.
2. No food or drink, except water
3. Arrive to class on time & ready to learn
· When the bell rings, you need to be sitting in your assigned seat.
· You should immediately begin on the warm up activity.
· Be “physically” and “mentally” present in the classroom
4. Never line up at the door before dismissal
5. Do not cheat, plagiarize, or copy work
6. Use polite and appropriate language
7. Do your best work & turn it in on time
test 1 (Chapter 4, Chemical reactions) - 24/01/2018 (Ms Emine's classes), 23/01/2018 (Ms Elena's class)
Dear Year 10 students, please note that this year Science fair is on 22/02/2018. All students must be part of a Science fair project. Please be reminded that you do not have to do another project this term.
Dates and Deadlines
1. 14th January 2018- Students should have chosen a topic.
2. 9th February 2018- Project should be complete.
3. 21st February 2018– Bring model/materials for demonstration and poster to school, final preparations for Science fair.
4. 22nd February 2018 – Science Fair
The details of the project will be uploaded on google classroom. Please see me if you have any questions.