Ms Elena and Ms Nandia
IGCSE Biology Year 11
Welcome to Biology iGCSE Year 11! This page is where you will find the scope of work, classroom expectations and useful resources. There will also be links to useful revision sites that can be used for independent study.
Biography of Ms Nandia:
I am a Science teacher with 23 years of teaching experience- half of that teaching in South Africa and the most recent half teaching in London UK. My education includes a Masters degree in Science as well as several other teaching qualifications. I have also been a Biology examiner for different exam boards as I believe it helps me understand the curriculum requirements better. I love the outdoors, am a keen gardener and support Tottenham during football season but always South Africa for rugby and cricket!
Scope of work:
- Please use the published Mock exam revision guide for topics covered in the exam.
- Chapters 1- 20 will be covered
- Mock Revision has already started in your iBIO lessons, please come prepared with your Coursebook and copybook.
- All assessments and worksheets should be collated in a presentation folder, or flip file or ringed folder. This needs to have all your year 10 assessments inside as well!
- Test date: 27/02/2018 (Ms Elena and Ms Nandia's groups)
- Assignment due (Ms Nandia): Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering Poster - due date 08/03. All details posted in Google Classroom since 25 February!
- Start you iGCSE revision NOW! Use your mock exam feedback to target areas that you need to improve - remember: You can still make it happen!
- Past exam papers can be found on the CIE website
- BBC Bitesize has very useful videos to assist your studies
- IGCSE Coursebook, workbook and your copybook as well as revision notes taken in class
- All past assessments have been based on past exam papers, keep them in your portfolio folder.