IGCSE English Literature Year 11
Welcome back Year 11 Literature students!
Week of 17 Sept.-21 Sept: We will do a word by word, line by line analysis of Games at Twilight by Anita Desai with frequent classroom discussions focusing on tone, mood, theme, characterization, and literary devices/figures of speech.
Week of 24 Sept.-28 Sept.: We will begin and complete project 1 (a cross-curricular English/Art/ICT project on Games at Twilight), review thesis statements and the 5 paragraph expository essay and the point-citation (quotation technique), and, time permitting, begin the 2017 IGCSE past paper question on Games at Twilight.
Week of 1 October-5 October:
Week of 8 October-12 October:
Week of 15 October-19 October:
Our current read: Of White Hairs and Cricket by Rohinton Mistry from Cambridge's Stories of Ourselves (prose short story 9 of 10 on the IGCSE curriculum)
1. Class syllabus
2. Scheme of work
3. Games at Twilight by Anita Desai annotated with notes.
4. Running glossary of terms
5. Past paper exercise on Games at Twilight, Paper 23, May/June 2017.
6. PDF of To Da-duh in Memoriam by Paule Marshall, annotated with highlights and notes.
7. Project assignment and assessment feedback
8. Assessment 1 from past paper on The Phoenix or To Da-duh in Memoriam by Paule Marshall with mark schemes and reflection sheet.
End of portfolio checklist for Term 1